Watch Why Real Organic Matters:
Farmers across the country have come together to build the Real Organic Project.
- Industrial powers are changing the definition of USDA organic.
- Real organic farmers are struggling to compete in a dishonest marketplace.
- Eaters are deceived as to what they are getting at grocery stores.
- Real organic choices are disappearing from the shelves.
- The Real Organic Project seal will allow farmers and eaters to connect in the stores.
Real Organic Means Growing Food In Soil
Real Organic Means Raising Animals On Pasture
Our mission is to grow people’s understanding of foundational organic values and practices; crops grown in soil and livestock raised on pasture are fundamental to organic farming.
Our first goal is to create an add-on label to USDA certified organic to provide more transparency on organic farming practices.
Today, the lobbying efforts of Big Ag have ultimately won, allowing the input-dependent confined animal operations and hydroponic industries to bend the rules for their own benefit.
Family farmers meeting the letter and spirit of organic law are suffering while consumers are once again in need of transparency in the market place.
Real Organic Farms:
Increase Soil Fertility
Promote Biological Diversity
Rotate Animals on Pasture
Improve the Sustainability of Farm Systems