Real Organic Project Symposium:
Join us for a day of TED Style talks! Hear some of the best organic farmers in America speak. Lunch and refreshments provided. Purchase tickets ($25) here.
March 2, 2019 at Dartmouth College, 9am – 5pm.
Hosted by the Real Organic Project and the Dartmouth Sustainability Office, with talks by:
Eliot Coleman – Keynote Four Seasons Farm: Fifty Years of Organic Farming
Anne Biklé – Keynote Soil Health and Human Health: Forever Bound
Dave Mortensen – The Soul Of Organic Farming
Jean-Paul Courtens – Roxbury Farm- What have we learned? Healthy Soils for a Healthy Climate
Emily Oakley – Amendments, not dependents! Working Toward a Low Input Vegetable Farm That Is Sustainable Financially and Environmentally
Linley Dixon – 60 Pilot Farms of the Real Organic Project- What Happens Next
Onika Abraham – Organic Soil Farming In New York City
Francis Thicke – Ecology as a Model for Real Organic Farming
Harriet Behar – Building an Inclusive Message. How To Embrace Rather Than Alienate
Jay Feldman – My Time on the National Organic Standards Board and Why the Real Organic Project Is Critical
Alan Lewis – Taking their hands off the easy button: Why retail stores all look alike and how ROP can stop it
Caitlin Frame – The Milkhouse Farm- Real Organic Dairy Farming in Maine
Cameron Molberg – Greener Pastures Chicken Farm – Pasture Based Poultry and Domestic Grain in Texas
Paul Muller – Full Belly Farm- 400 acres, 3 generations, and 34 years later. The Story of California’s Most Prominent Organic Pioneers and Why Real Organic Matters
Hugh Kent – King Grove Blueberry Farm- Hydroponic Apocolypse For Florida Organic Soil Growers
Dave Chapman – The Real Organic Project After One Year. Why Were We Created and Where Are We Heading?
The Symposium will be held at Filene Auditorium in Moore Psychology Hall at Dartmouth College.
3 Maynard St. Hanover, NH 03755
Please consider helping us make the ROP Symposium even better.
We have 5 levels for people or organizations willing to help this important event happen. Please donate directly on our event page here, or contact our Executive Director, Dave Chapman: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- $250- Friend. Friends will be listed by name.
- $500- Donor. Donors will be listed with a small logo.
- $2000- Supporter. Supporters will be listed with a large logo.
- $10,000- Co-Sponsor. Co-Sponsors will be listed on top with the largest logos.
- Beyond. We have donors whose support exceeds $10,000. Please don’t be limited by that number, if you want to see ROP grow more quickly. We have accomplished a great deal in one year with very little. We are a grassroots effort built on the backs of farmers. We can use your help. Only with the help of the eaters can we change the food system together.