Real Organic Project Symposium:
March 2, 2019 at Dartmouth College, 9am – 5pm.
Join us for a day of TED Style talks! Hear some of the best organic farmers in America speak. Lunch and refreshments provided. Purchase tickets ($25) here.
Hosted by the Real Organic Project and the Dartmouth Sustainability Office, with talks by:
Eliot Coleman – Keynote “Defining Organic Farming”
Anne Biklé – Keynote “Soil Health and Human Health. Forever Bound”
Dave Mortensen – “The State Of Organic Farming; A Scientist’s Perspective”
Jean-Paul Courtens – Roxbury Farm – “What have we learned? Healthy Soils for a Healthy Climate”
Emily Oakley – “Working Toward a Low-Input Organic Vegetable Farm”
Linley Dixon – “60 Pilot Farms of the Real Organic Project- What Happens Next”
Onika Abraham – “Organic Soil Farming In New York City”
Francis Thicke – “Ecology as a Model for Real Organic Farming”
Harriet Behar – “Building an Inclusive Message. How To Embrace Rather Than Alienate”
Jay Feldman – “My Time on the National Organic Standards Board and Why the Real Organic Project Is Critical”
Alan Lewis – “Taking their hands off the easy button: Why retail stores all look alike and how ROP can stop it”
Caitlin Frame – The Milkhouse Farm- “Real Organic Dairy Farming in Maine”
Cameron Molberg – Greener Pastures Chicken Farm – “Pasture Based Poultry and Domestic Grain in Texas”
Paul Muller – Full Belly Farm- “400 acres, 3 generations, and 34 years later. The Story of California’s Most Prominent Organic Pioneers and Why Real Organic Matters”
Hugh Kent – “The Reversal Of Organic Progress”
Dave Chapman – “The Real Organic Project After One Year. Why Were We Created and Where Are We Heading?”
The Symposium will be held at Filene Auditorium in Moore Psychology Hall at Dartmouth College.
3 Maynard St. Hanover, NH 03755
Please consider helping us make the ROP Symposium even better.
We have 5 levels for people or organizations willing to help this important event happen. Please donate directly on our event page here, or contact our Executive Director, Dave Chapman: email@example.com.
- $250- Friend. Friends will be listed by name.
- $500- Donor. Donors will be listed with a small logo.
- $2000- Supporter. Supporters will be listed with a large logo.
- $10,000- Co-Sponsor. Co-Sponsors will be listed on top with the largest logos.
- Beyond. We have donors whose support exceeds $10,000. Please don’t be limited by that number, if you want to see ROP grow more quickly. We have accomplished a great deal in one year with very little. We are a grassroots effort built on the backs of farmers. We can use your help. Only with the help of the eaters can we change the food system together.